Consider these tips:
- Maximize scholarship opportunities:
- Undergraduates: Aim to cover as much tuition as possible
- Graduate Students: Seek teaching/research assistance positions that include a full tuition waiver plus a living stipend
- Remember that it literally pays to study when you are on scholarship, since maintaining your GPA enables you to maintain your scholarship funding.
- Minimize or, if possible, avoid debt (e.g., explore the suggestions at Debt Free Scholar)
- Test out of classes when possible (e.g., CLEP tests)